11 Tips to Boost Your Android Phone’s Battery Life
Top-notch Android smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8) are powerful, however sadly, they don’t have countless battery life. In fact, many Android cellphone users could be happy to make it via an unmarried day, hoping that a nightly recharge is sufficient.
Sadly, it occasionally isn’t. A variety of factors have conspired to reduce machine patience over the past several years. Thinner designs with less room for batteries, larger and brighter displays, faster quad-middle processors, the greater software program that runs within the background, and energy-hungry GPS radios all percentage duty. The move from 3G to 4G networks some years ago-specially of the LTE range-has also taken its toll.
But there is a great deal extra to bad battery life consequences than that. Fortunately, there are masses you can do to stem the float of juice from your Android device. To write this article, I used a Google Nexus 5, as it’s going for walks the modern day model of Android four.4 KitKat and not using an extra interface upgrade, but those pointers ought to apply throughout just about any Android cellphone. Try these hints to extend your handset’s battery lifestyles:
1. See what is sucking the most juice. Navigate to Settings > Battery to peer an organized breakdown of what’s eating your cellphone’s battery. Applications and functions will show in a descending list of battery hogs. If you spot a utility you barely use or a characteristic you never use, you’ll need to uninstall the app or turn off the characteristic.
2. Reduce email, Twitter, and Facebook polling. Set your various messaging apps to “manual” for the polling or refresh frequency, just as a check, and you will instantly extend your device’s battery life by means of a massive amount. Once you spot what a difference that makes, attempt re-enabling just the most critical ones, and possibly lowering their polling frequency within the system.
Three. Turn unnecessary hardware radios off. It’s incredible that brand new phones have LTE, NFC, GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, however, do you really need all 5 activated 24 hours consistent with a day? Android maintains region-based totally apps resident inside the heritage, and the regular drain in your battery will become major, rapid. If your cellphone has an electricity control widget, you may use it to quickly switch on/off GPS (the biggest energy drain), NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and LTE. On stock Android, swipe down to convey up the Notification bar, and then faucet the icon at the pinnacle right corner.
Four. Use the more power saving mode when you have it. The aforementioned Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8) each have Ultra Power Saving and Extreme Power Saving modes, respectively, that limits the cellphone to texting, telephone calls, Web surfing, and Facebook. This can squeeze more hours or even a day of standby time out of just a few last percentage points of battery.
5. Trim apps going for walks in the history. From Settings > Apps, swipe to the left; you’ll see a listing of apps which might be presently going for walks. Tap on everyone to peer what they are for; you can stop any apps that you do not want walking inside the background all of the time.
6. Dump needless domestic display screen widgets and live wallpaper. Just because they’re sitting on the house screen, seemingly inactive, doesn’t imply they’re now not ingesting energy. This is going for widgets that ballot repute updates within the heritage, as well as ones that just take a seat there however appearance pretty and lively-no longer to say lively live wallpaper. (But don’t dump the whole lot, as a part of what makes Android remarkable are the house display screen customizations; just get rid of the ones you don’t use.)
7. Turn down the brightness and turn off Automatic Brightness. It’s in all likelihood apparent at this point, however, you’ll be surprised by using how a good deal this one alone allows enhancing battery existence.
8. Update your apps. Applications regularly get updated to apply less battery electricity, so that you must make certain your apps are up to date. Even in case you configured the cellphone for computerized updates, some apps nevertheless require which you manually installation updates. Check for app updates in Google Play by means of hitting the menu key and going to My Apps.
9. Keep a watch on sign strength. If you are in a place with terrible cell coverage, the telephone will work more difficult to latch onto a sturdy-enough signal. This has an damaging effect on battery lifestyles. There’s no longer a good deal you may do about this one, however remember the fact that this will be the culprit behind a seemingly susceptible battery; it’s worth popping the smartphone into Airplane mode in case you don’t want information or voice calls.
10. Check the critiques. We behavior battery existence exams on every single Android cellphone we evaluation. Unsurprisingly, the outcomes range extensively among handsets, even at the identical network. When choosing a telephone, ensure that real-global talk time is enough. You can’t go with the aid of what the manufacturer says; we see variances on the order of numerous hours of utilization in each guidelines on a ordinary basis.
11. Buy a battery case or larger prolonged battery. Battery instances integrate a hardware enclosure, which protects your cellphone, with an prolonged battery that may double your telephone’s staying power. You can find fashions like-minded with popular Android phones from a selection of producers.