8 Ways to Boost Your Web Traffic
Having an internet site isn’t always an accomplishment. Nessie the Hamster has one. Famous useless people do too. I actually have even visible websites in loving reminiscence of unfamous dead hamsters! Some of these websites get more site visitors in a day than you hope to have in a year. Here’s my query: when you have a non-public internet site and you’re now not getting any site visitors, what’s the point? You might as nicely give the cash you are sending for your Internet Service Provider to a worthy cause.
If then again, you need to use your online presence in your advantage, you better roll up your sleeves and get to paintings! Even even though this text lists examples from my line of work (voice-over appearing), absolutely everyone with an internet site must keep in mind the use of these techniques. Let’s begin by paying attention to one of the specialists in the area.
1. Offer FREE STUFF. Paradoxically, a few corporations are making plenty of cash by giving matters away without cost. It’s called the “freemium model” wherein a few content material is obtainable at no rate, at the same time as top rate content isn’t always. Seattle-primarily based Big Fish Games distributes greater online video games than everybody else, at about 1 million an afternoon. You can strive nearly any Big Fish sport free of charge; however, there are accessories that players must pay for.
A few months ago, voice-over actor Peter O’Connell made his e-book “The Voice Over Entrance Exam” to be had at no price. This delivered visitors to his website online that had by no means even heard of him. It did something else too: it set up O’Connell as an expert. Here’s a third bonus: loose sources get hyperlinks.
2. Contests & Awards are any other manners to pressure people for your website online. Last month Videovoicebank. Internet had a competition, and voice-overs have been invited to proportion their expert horror memories. Not handiest did the Videovoicebank-team manage to engage their community; for days, traffic ought to enter their e-mail cope with and vote for his or her favorite tale. I marvel what they may do with those e mail addresses…
3. Provide a resource to be able to benefit your goal-group and (of direction) provide it without cost. Veteran VO-artist Mahmoud Taji compiled a voice-over listing of casting websites for “the gain of established and up-and-coming voice over talent who need to secure greater voice over work thru the Internet.” He requested everybody inside the enterprise to help out, and that is simply another example of a way to get human beings worried. So a long way, Taji has a list of 224 websites and he is nonetheless counting.
4. Quizzes and Games on your website are an amusing way to make people come returned and spend extra time with you. British skills Emma Clarke is the voice you’ll hear for a majority of the London Underground traces. Her internet site is superb and it has video games, spoof audios or even an on line “Emma flip ebook”. One of my favorites is a fridge magnet sport where you could pass the phrases around to make your personal sentences and phrases – and feature Emma talk them for you.
5. Actress Amy Walker became an overnight sensation while her YouTube video 21Accents went “viral”. “These days, it’s not unusual to peer a search engine like Google pull up a YouTube video in its pinnacle 10 results,” says Linda Girard, co-founder of online advertising and marketing consulting company Pure Visibility in Ann Arbor, Michigan. “The fine way to maximize this fashion is by using importing your video to numerous websites and fasten appropriate, searchable phrases to the clips in an effort to get the one’s high rankings.” (source)
6. Then there may be the old trick of presenting constrained Deals & Discounts. Bristol-based voice-over skills Alison Pitman gives a promotion of 25% bargain on all message on hold voice-over recordings. Particularly if you’re additionally providing character training and lessons, in no way omit a possibility to throw in an early chook unique or a web coupon. Irresistible offers turn browsers into customers.
7. Develop an ongoing dating together with your visitors (colleagues and clients). Answer their emails. Follow up with them. Ask them for feedback. Use social networking sites to attach. Take an energetic element for your network, online and offline. Send e mail newsletters the use of a service like Constant Contact or Aweber. It’s all about constructing your brand and high-quality reinforcement.
Eight. There is no doubt about it: blogging benefits enterprise. Recently, an Internet advertising agency Hubspot surveyed over 1500 small companies. They observed that people with blogs attracted.